Now, these three books don't have any Real Housewives of New Jersey drama within their pages, so that's a plus. I honestly had no intentions on buying any cookbooks, but for about $4.50 for all three, I couldn't resist.
The first one "Rocco Gets Real" was honestly bought because I saw him on the Wendy Williams show today. What I like about the book is that the recipes are short and don't require a lot of ingredients. "Glamour's Gourmet on the Run" is geared directly towards my demographic, the busy 20 and 30-something gals who don't want to spend a lot of time making a meal, but who do want to whip up something that is absolutely yummy. This book has different charts like how to mix different greens when making a salad, how to create different cocktails and non-alcholic drinks, and simple ways to make your favorite desserts. The book is super girly, yet practical, which is what I love.
The last book "Julia and Jaques Cooking at Home" was a steal. It doesn't look like it was used, and I only paid about $2. This book retails for nearly $60 and Julia Child is a cooking genius, so I couldn't pass this up. However, I probably won't crack this book open until it gets a little closer to Thanksgiving. I can already tell from its weight that the recipes will take a lot of time and patience in order to create something good.
So stay posted to my site as I'll be posting different things that I make from each book. I'll write about the cooking process, how it tastes, and will also put up the recipes!!Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile


4:30 PM
ms.rea
Posted in:
0 comments:
Post a Comment